Canada will accept applications from the skilled people for Federal skilled workers (FSW) Program and Workers are chosen as permanent residents based on their ability to settle in Canada and take part in Canada’s economy.

We also take the opportunity to connect the skilled workers with most suitable employers in Canada to arrange job offers for intending applicants.

Applicants are assessed on following grounds:

  • English and/or French skills
  • Education
  • Work experience, and other factors that have been shown to help them prosper in Canada.
  • Age and adaptability factors

However the rules to apply as an FSW can change from time to time without notice. Make sure you keep updated. Basic eligibility

  • At least one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience in a single occupation,
  • within the last 10 years,
  • At skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), and who:
    1. Have this work experience in one of the eligible occupations, OR
    2. Have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
    3. Are international students who are enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or who graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months) and meet these criteria?

Minimum requirements

Work experience
If your application is eligible to be processed, we will then assess it to see if your work experience is valid. Your work experience must be:

  • For at least one year in the same occupation
  • Continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time)
  • Within the last 10 years,


  • Skill type 0 (managerial occupations) or
  • Skill level A (professional occupations) or
  • Skill level B (technical occupations and skilled trades)

On the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list. (The National Occupational Classification is a system used to classify jobs in Canada.)

Language Ability

You must meet minimum language levels and include the results of a language test from an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) when you apply that shows you meet the minimum language requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7. Education

you must have:

  • A Canadian diploma, certificate, or credential AND/OR
  • A foreign educational credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency approved by CIC to show it is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential.

Applying for a Canadian Work Permit!

To successfully obtain a Canadian Work Permit Immigration, there are various procedures that you will have to take along with our expert guidance. Usually to acquire a Canadian Work Permit requires a two-step process but in most cases, applicants will first need to request a job offer before being eligible to apply for a temporary work permit immigration service Canada



To work in Canada temporarily, you must first find out if you are eligible to obtain a work permit and then find an appropriate employer who can legally extend an offer of employment. This may mean they have applied for the LMIA and can prove that you are essential and that no Canadian is available for the work.

Foreign nationals who want to work during their time in Canada need work permit.  Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issues work permits and give authorization for someone to work legally in Canada. The work permit is going to explain the type of work the individual named can perform, the employer(s) they can provide labour, where they are going to work and how long they are given permission to work.

To apply you have to demonstrate the following:

  • Demonstrate that you will leave Canada when the permit ends
  • Demonstrate that you have adequate financial means to care for yourself and dependents during the stay and upon returning home
  • Have no criminal history
  • Be no threat to Canada’s security
  • Be in good health
  • Have no intention of working for ineligible employers
  • Have no intention of working for an employer who “on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages”
  • Demonstrate that you have not worked in the country for one (or more) periods that add up to four years or more after April 1, 2011

Also Indeed to apply before coming to Canada you will need to do so at the visa office in your country. You can apply from within the country but only if you meet the specific requirements. You can also apply as you enter Canada, but only as a holder of an eTA (electronic travel authorization), holds a valid medical certificate, have the ID number your intended employer has received, and that your employer has submitted a positive or valid LMIA (explained below).


However, a work permit alone may not be enough for someone to work legally in Canada. There is also the issue of the LMIA or Labour Market Impact Assessment. This is a document that indicates that there is a demonstrated need for a foreign worker to fill the job, and also that no Canadian worker is available to do it. The LMIA is meant to be “positive” and can be described as a Confirmation letter as well.

Do You Need an LMIA to Obtain a Work Permit?

The list of those exempt from the need for an LMIA seems far longer than the list of those who do need it in addition to obtaining a work permit. Though the IRCC says that in “most cases, an employer must obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to hire a temporary foreign worker”, there are many exceptions.

Generally speaking, it is those who are hired within the Temporary Foreign Worker Program who need the LMIA. These workers are able to be hired to provide short-term labour and to help fill “skill shortages” (where no Canadians are available to do the work).

The employer, prior to employing you, will have to work directly with Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to arrange to apply for the LMIA.

Those Exempt from the LMIA Requirements

The exemptions apply to three different “codes” defined by the Canadian government as:

Agreements R204 – When hiring foreign workers through specific international trade agreements (NAFTA as an example), the LMIA is not required

Canadian interests R205 – A long list of groups that include charitable work, reciprocal employment, specially designated programs, and more

“Other” R206-R208

Additionally, employers are able to hire temporary workers through the International Mobility Program without the use of an LMIA.


For further details visit us in person or write to us

Australia  |   Canada  |   NewZealand  |   Denmark